Thursday, July 24, 2008

Moving Day!

Well who knew that we could accumulate so much junk in such a short time span. I guess those daily trips to the store to purchase a few food items and invariably something small and cute for one or both of our children, piled up!
We've packed two bags with things that we've decided we can do without for me to bring back to Jakarta next week. My ticket is a business class ticket using points, so I get extra baggage allowance but I'm already 10 pounds over.
I don't know how we're going to get the rest of the stuff back when Virginia and I make the final trip back to Jakarta. Pictured are most of our things, but it doesn't show the two swinging baby cribs or a few other odds and ends.
I'm hoping this will put an end to the "but it's so cute and it's only xxx dollars" when we go to the store. I honestly don't think we're capable of entering a store without picking up something new.
I think our pocket book will be much healthier once we both get back to work and don't have the time to go shopping.
We're moving today, and theoretically we'll have high speed internet at our new apartment, but we don't know, so this may be the last blog post for a while.....that may be a good thing, as it may mean less time on the computer and more time sleeping.

2 comments:

  1. You said: "...it may mean less time on the computer and more time sleeping."

    I say: "Dream on!"

    ---

    As to all your stuff: I found that Katya now routinely does a clear out (tossed in the bin or dropped off at the charity shop) of toys no longer played with, equipment not used anymore, etc -- she does this usually without me around (I'm the hoarder in the family).

    And on that note: I just brought down from the loft my Fisher Price castle (circa 1972). My kids love playing with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Noooo...you can't stop blogging! I'm addicted to following your stories. Well I guess you do have TWO babies to take care of. I'm actually surprised you were able to keep it up this long! Best of luck with your move and taking care of your adorable munchkins! xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete