Thursday, November 6, 2008

Visit to our Orphanage

Well months ago, we said we'd post some photos of the kids at the orphanage in Vung Tau. Then a woman who is currently in the process of adopting a child from Vung Tau asked if we had any photos. Hopefully we'll have some shots of her child.
It would have been nice to have had shots of Tri and Cai from before we knew them, but we've been out of luck.
So below is a slide show of the photos from the orphanage. By clicking on the slideshow, I think it will take you to the Picasa Photo album. From there you can get high resolution images which should be adequate for printing out.


I'm now in the process of uploading a bunch of short clips of the kids to YouTube and images to Picasa. Then anyone (which probably just means Bonnie and Bruce) can take a look at all of the photos and videos that we have of the kids.
A picture might be worth a thousand words, but a video tells much more.
So here is a short clip of Tri as he's learning to crawl.

4 comments:

  1. Thank you John! I believe there is a picture of our son in the images you posted. What a gift! I shared this with several other families waiting to bring their children home. I know that there are other families who will recognize their little ones from the pictures. As you know, we will treasure these always as will our chidren! Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I recognize some kids from when we were there 2 years ago. One little guy in particular looks a lot better than I would have imagined he would based on the shape he was in then. It's a bittersweet thing: I'm happy to see him looking better, but really sad to see him still there.

    Thanks for posting these!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Suzanne forwarded me these pictures, so I want to thank you for sharing them with us. When were these pictures taken? My little one was born on 6/20/08. I am not really sure if any of the photos are of her, but I really enjoyed seeing them! Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  4. THANK YOU SOOOOO MUCH!!!! you made my day! our little girl is in many of the photos of the outdoor playset. she is the little girl in a white t-shirt with pink sleeves. she was abandoned in january of 2008. getting a glimpse into her life is truly priceless. thank you so much for taking all these photos....God knew others would need them. thanks again! and thanks suzanne for finding them. love ya.

    ReplyDelete