Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Out Here On Our Own


Well, we are surviving! It was way more fun with daddy around, but Tri, Cai and I are doing fine. We do our best to get out for walks (when it isn't raining), dance when we can and sing lots and lots of songs. We sure do miss family dance time, though: the whole Holmes clan loves to crank up Sharon, Lois and Bram and dance our faces off! Tri is especially enthusiastic about family dance time - his whole body shakes with excitement and his arms and legs flap and flap....

Today we went to see Dr. Jonathan. He is our FAVOURITE pediatrician. What a wonderful doctor; we wish we could bring him to Jakarta with us. Both Cai and Tri had a check up and I, the over-protective, over-organized, over-anxious mother, had a million questions for him about poop, food, gas and all that good stuff. I will spare you the details. Both children are healthy and happy - and so far I am not doing anything terribly wrong!

Then we had a big outing - the grocery store. Oh, what an exotic life we lead! I went looking for baby food and juice and came back with the cutest little hats for the kids. I am including a picture here - they are the kind that look like a bandana tied at the back. I think Tri, in particular, looks like a real biker! You go, Tri!

Tomorrow, I hope to go and see Terry and Annie - a Canadian couple who have recently arrived in Vietnam and whose Giving and Receiving ceremony will be the same as ours. Let's hope that is soon.


On that front, I had a bit of a melt-down, yesterday. I know, those of you who know me well are SHOCKED that I could be dramatic. I guess it was just one of those days and the pressure of leaving my "real life" behind for 3 months was getting to me. You see, I organized a new program for work and now I am not there to get it set up. So there have been many skype calls to the new staff, in a vane hope to help them feel better about being out there on their own. A lot of that going around. They are lovely women, though and I am sure they are just fine. Still, hard to manage career and mommy-hood and I am not even AT WORK!

I have renewed respect for parents who work full-time and raise happy, healthy children. Hats off to you.


And so, it looks like we have 10 more days until we see daddy - he is coming for a long weekend visit. It is also his birthday, so the kids and I will have some surprises up our sleeves! We can't wait! And then, we he goes back again, it will only be a short while (we hope) until he is back for the ceremony and then to take us home!! Hurray! It will be so wonderful to have our family together again - John is missing so much! Below is a photo of Tri drinking ON HIS OWN for the first time!

6 comments:

  1. your children are both so beautiful.
    congrats. i enjoy reading your blog.

    leslie

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can do it Ginny! I can only imagine how much harder it is with 2, but you are being such a wonderful mommy already. Keep going out every day to try to stay sane! An remember I'm only an e-mail away.
    xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. The babies are truly gorgeous, Virginia. Love the bandanas! How fantastic that they're growing up together. It's like being twins. What a lovely family you make! Hang in there. It won't be too long now. And forget about work for a while! Just enjoy the kids. Beieve me, they grow up so fast. They'll be starting school before you know it! :)

    Frances

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have been blessed with a li'l miracle... Congratulations on your beautiful babies!


    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Tri & Cai,
    We are very excited to meet you in person...
    Love you Tri & Cai.

    Kuya Bri & Baby James

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so pleased you guys have this site!!!! It is great to read about this site and keep up with you guys (even though we live in the same city)!!! :)

    I will say that you two really are brave - you took on TWINS (well, not technically, but close enough)!!!!!! :)

    Welcome home, Virginia!! :) I bet John's pleased that the family's home too!!! :)

    ReplyDelete